The British Isles Family History Society of Greater Ottawa is seeking proposals for presentations at its annual conference, September 19 - 21, 2014, to be held in Ottawa at Library and Archives Canada.
Conference ThemeThe conference will focus on three main topics:
- English family history
- Immigration from the British Isles, including Home Children
- Genetic genealogy
Proposals are also invited for other conference presentations likely to be of interest to BIFHSGO members and for pre-conference workshops or seminars.
DeadlinePlease send proposals to email@example.com before January 31, 2014.
- Each proposal should be written on one page and include:
- Your full name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
- Whether the proposal is for:
- a lecture (or several lectures) during the conference, and/or
- a seminar or hands-on workshop on the Friday. Please indicate if the workshop will be a half day (3 hours) or a full day (6 hours);
- Presentation title(s);
- An abstract of up to 200 words describing each presentation;
- A one or two-sentence description of your talk(s) for the conference brochure;
- A 100-150 word biography;
- Your audiovisual requirements;
- Whether your presentation(s) would be aimed at those working at the beginner (general), intermediate, or advanced (specialist) level;
- Whether you will provide a two to four-page summary of your talk, including references and website addresses, as a handout;
- Whether you would be prepared to present remotely.